Believers have been meeting in the Twin Cities area since 1895, when a small group gathered in northeast Minneapolis to establish the Finnish Apostolic Lutheran Congregation of Minneapolis. This is believed to be the oldest Finnish congregation in Minneapolis. Due to spiritual schisms since that time and many groups using the name "Apostolic Lutheran," the name was eventually changed to the "Laestadian Lutheran Church."

After holding services in the city of Minneapolis for a number of years, the congregation moved to Plymouth, Minnesota. Subsequently, many believers moved to areas west of Plymouth, and the Rockford congregation was established in 1992. Believers have lived in the Elk River area for some time, attending services primarily in the Minneapolis and Rockford congregations. As more believers began to settle in the area, Bible Class was organized and held at Lincoln Elementary School (Elk River) in April of 2002. In November of 2006, a group of believers gathered to discuss the interest in formally organizing a congregation. By the end of the evening, the Elk River Congregation had been formed, and the Laestadian Lutheran Church of Elk River (LLCER) was formally accepted as an LLC member congregation in February 2007.

Quick Links

About Us

Our mission is to preach the gospel of repentance and remission of sins to the people throughout the world.

Service Schedule

Laestadian Lutheran Church provides an Online Event Calendar for your convenience.

Make a Contribution

 Make a charitable contribution.

View Map & Directions

Our church is located at ...